Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Off to Maine

I am heading to Blue Hill, Maine tomorrow for a month of immersive gardening training. Also known as Visiting My Folks. I'll be working as my Mom's gardening apprentice to learn some of the finer points of gardening from someone who has been growing dinner since before I was born. I am super excited at this opportunity to participate in and partake of the bounty that is Maine in the summer time. Of course, my first stop when I arrive will be straight to the blueberry field to pick a handful and see how many I can fit in my mouth at once. This is tradition at my house and something that I look forward to with great anticipation. Yes, blueberry season is not quite here yet, but I've been given the tip off that there may be a few early berries and I intend to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment